Acupuncture is among the oldest healing practices in the world and works to delicately balance the body to promote health and well-being.
Oriental Medicine has been practice for thousands of years and includes:
acupuncture, herbal medicine, moxibustion, tuina, and food therapy.
Oriental Medicine believes that the basis of good health is the harmonious flow of Qi(chi). Qi is the vital force that empowers the body. When this energy becomes stagnant or blocked, the body deteriorates resulting in pain, disease, and poor well-being.
Acupuncture effectively treats all diseases, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual disorders, as well as pain.
Most of the time, acupuncturist uses thin, disposable needles inserted into acupuncture points to stimulate Qi. The Qi can be redirected or manipulated to restore balance. Skillful application of the needles will be painless. However, Qi can be manipulated through various other methods such as:
- Sounds...tuning forks
- Heat ...applied directly or indirectly to the acupuncture points
- Micro-current stimulation, through needles, probes, pads, ear clips
- Essential oils applied to acupuncture points
- Color applied to the acupuncture points
- Tuina (chinese bodywork)
The World Health Organization(WHO) has identified that Acupuncture can treat the following conditions successfully:
- Acute and Chronic pain
- Ear, Nose & Throat Disorders: toothaches, earaches, sinusitis, laryngitis, rhinitis, sore throats
- Respiratory Disorders: colds& flu, bronchitis, asthma & allergies, emphysema
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Food allergies, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers, colitis, IBS, chrones, acid reflux
- Circulatory Disorders: Hypertension, high cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris
- Urogenital Disorders : cystitis, stress incontinence, neurogenic bladder, prostatitis, prostatic hypertrophy
- Gynecological Disorders: menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, infertility, menopausal syndrome
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: tennis elbow, sciatica, frozen shoulder, TMJ, low back pain, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia, muscle cramping
- Smoking cessation
- Alcohol dependence
- Psychoemotional & Neurological Disorders: depression, anxiety, insomnia, trigeminal neuralgia, intercostal neuralgia, post-stroke paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus, post herpetic neuralgia, migraines, Heachaces
- Autoimmune Disorders: Lupus, MS, Diabetes